Any Recemmendations on the Reference Series Cinema 8-10 systems?

tobasco

Newbie here! Thought I'd ask the experts about their recommendations. I've been a Klipsch fan ever since I visited a stereo store as a teenager and heard the original Klipshorns corner units.

I've got a system of in-wall Klipsch speakers (R-5800 fronts and R-5650 rears) with the RW-12 in a family room that sound absolutely fantastic (for in-wall speakers). Now I'm in the market for a satellite system for the basement to compliment the 50" plasma. I'm interested in the Cinema series by Klipsch. I heard the Cinema 6 series and, honestly, was underimpressed, albeit that they were in a large retail store room and very well may not have been set properly (fronts only and sub wasn't working properly). I'm mainly interested in the Cinema 8 series that has better satellites (RSX-4), but want to know how much of a difference upgrade (I know there would be) the Cinema 10 system would be with the RSX-5 satellites (same center) and the RW10 compared to the RW8 sub. This is a relatively small space so I probably don't need the extra power of a 10" sub, although no doubt it would be better. I guess I contradict myself.

Anyway, and recommendations?

Thanks,

Brad

Tobasco,

How big is the room? Cinema Systems sound pretty nice with the Cinema 6 and 8 being naturals in smaller spaces. Have you thought about RVX-42 fronts or SLX? They make great combinations with a TV like yours and sound even better than RSX systems.

I second the nod to the RVX42's in front. In my den with a 50" plasma they rock as LCR's. In the rear I've moved from RSX4's to RSX5's and in that application there is a small improvement but if I were to pick between the 4's and 5's I'd go for the 5's. This is based on their larger size and bigger bass driver. And the recommendation of many others I've heard around here.