KV-2 vs KV-3

MBM135

I just bought a KV-3 off of eBay looking to upgrade from my KV-2 (which I plan to sell). I don't have the new speaker yet and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have never been real impressed with my KV-2. Although it sounds very clear I sometimes have difficulty hearing movie dialogue--despite the fact I have my center channel boosted +6 db. It varies from movie to movie--some soundtracks are better than others but only a couple have had nice high dialogue. Connections are good--using 12 gauge wire for this channel etc.

Has anyone out there in Klipsch cyberspace had experience with both of these center speakers? I am wondering if it will be worth the upgrade--but it didn't cost much so I won't sweat it either way.

My Setup:

Harman/Kardon AVR-110

Sony S360 DVD Player

Denon DCM-370 CD Changer

Sony 32 inch Trinitron

Yamaha YV-1110S SVHS VCR

KG4 mains

SS-1 rears

KV-2 center

No sub yet--haven't made this plunge--KG-4s produce awesome bass so I've held out. Eventually will go KSW-12.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike - I used a KV-3 in the same setup that you have. I've never had a problem with clarity of dialogue. I was able to eardition the KV-2 and KV-3 next to each other and the KV-3 had a much clearer mid-upper range to it, which is why I bought it rather than the KV-2. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Doug

I've had both the KV-2 and the KV-3 and agree that the KV-3 is able to produce a clearer and more full sound than the KV-2. If you got a good deal on the KV-3, you'll be glad you made the upgrade. However, I do have to say that I too noticed a deficit in the overall clarity of dialog in even my KV-3 so recently sold it and bought an RC-7. All I can say is WOW!!! What a difference that RC-7 made. I could not believe what my ears were missing.