Recommend a pair of in-wall Klipsch speakers: Check out my idea

sektor

EDIT: Note, the subject should be "in-wall" not in-ceiling. My fault.

I have a rather unique setup and to be honest, not even sure if it will work.

But right now, I have (4) in-ceiling speakers that came with my house. The contracter who installed the speakers is giving me a few options to go with that are at a very nice price.

First option: Replace all the in-ceiling speakers with the new CDT-5650-C series; replace the RC-10 with a RC-52. Everything including installation is under $800 (includes trade up price for the speakers). Not too shabby and i'm strongly considering it.

Another option that a friend of mine suggested was to see if it was possible, to put in-wall speakers for the rear back speakers.

First, is this even possible? This would mean I would have in-ceiling in the front (can't do in-wall's...no room) and in-wall's in the back. Is it a good option? Or will I have *weirdness*?(Not sure of a better word to use)

If in-walls are a good viable option that will give better sound, what is a good speaker set to go with?

I appreciate it.

sektor -

First, let me say that I'm no expert in this and with all the other experts/professionals on this forum, you'll probably get better advice.

I recently added in-walls to my family room because of similar restraints - lack of room due to room configuration. I put the R-5800 in front and R-5650 as rears. Now, I'm not an audiophile by any means ($ mainly), but they sound awesome. I've had many positive comments about how well they sound. I think with the right power driving them, they should sound fine. No doubt you'll lose some of the "directness" of the speaker, but for home theater, having a good center channel facing you, I think it will work fine, as the R&L fronts serve more as ambience in a movie.

Just my .02 - I'm sure others will have better suggestions/feedback.

I use RCW-5's (older discontinued model) for my rear-centers in 7.1 and have been very pleased with them. While they are certainly not going to "knock your socks off" as some of the other reference line, they are more than adequate for movies, and I even like them for "7-channel music mode." I use my side surrounds (RS-7s) for SACD/DVD-A. I don't think you would be dissappointed with them if you have space/WAF concerns.

Thanks guys for your input.

After reading up on some stuff, asking friends and even calling Klipsch, the recommendation was to just go with in-ceilings all the way around.

The biggest reason for this was the layout of the room and where people would be sitting. It would have made more senese for me to put in-wall speakers in the back if the seating was farther away from the back; but in my situation, the speakers would almost be right on top of the listener and the in-ceilings should be fine.

From my research, the biggest thing i've come across is that the front 3 speakers should be the most important; i figure with the CDT-5650-C, the ability to "aim" the speakers in a direction should be a significant upgrade over what i have; factor that in with a RC-52 center channel, and I should be good to go.

I appreciate it.

Oh, powering everything; a Marantz 5600 AVR. :)