A few different questions

Sosa

Ok, I have the final floor plans for my new basement that is supposed to be dug next week. I was wondering what you guys think would be the best layout for my 65" widescreen tv, Klipsch system of RC 35, RB 35 (rears), and RF 35's. I also havea a 15" Titanic Sub. My denon receiver does support 7.1 so I'm thinking of going that route if the speaker layout would work good.

As you can see in the layout we plan on having a bar along that back wall and pool table back there with the tv etc going along the other wall next to where the stairs come down. We do have a beam going across the ceiling in the middle that is only about 12 inches so I don't think I can do much for mounting on that. I would love to get the rears off the floor if I can.

Thanks for any input you guys can give me.

http://www.broncs.net/~cubs/basement.jpg

I also forgot to ask if anyone knows of some good online stores to check out enterainment centers that woudl fit around a Mitsubishi 65" widescreen as I want to get one of those and hopefully not pay $1700 from my home theater dealer.

I also forgot to ask if anyone knows of some good online stores to check out enterainment centers that woudl fit around a Mitsubishi 65" widescreen as I want to get one of those and hopefully not pay $1700 from my home theater dealer.

Entertainment centers are evil. Equipment was meant to be free.

I need to find something to hire wires for receiver, ps2/xbox, directv etc. What do you all use? This is for a family room pretty much that is why I was leaning towards a entertainment center deal to go around the tv. Somewith with shelves on both sides etc and a top to sit the center channel on.

Is the beam, steel or wood, going to be exposed? A friend of mine just finished his house and was able to talk to the electrician and he was able to run all the connection for him prior to the install of the drywall. As far as speaker location he ran the cable thru the walls to the location and installed wall plates.

The beam will be steel I am pretty sure. I'm not sure if it will be big enough to mouth the RB 35's though. I can get all the cable ran before everything is drywalled. It is just coming up with a good speaker layout and deciding if a 7.1 system would sound good if I were to maybe move the rb's to the clear back by the bar area, and maybe have some of the other rear speakers in the middle area? Just not sure if I can get a decent speaker layout with the spakers on the wall.