No power, replaced R12 and R26, still having trouble

So I replaced R12 and R26 with 680 and 56k ohm 2w resistors and the LED on my control unit still won't go on. There was some pretty bad burning arround R12 but I double checked the connections arround it (and the Zener Diode) and they all seemed fine. I even custom wired the burned section thinking that it could be the PCB that was damaged. I can hear the unit power on and I can feel R12 and R26 both get REALLY hot. So hot that I can't touch them for more than a second without burning myself. Any ideas where to trouble shoot from here? Thanks.

-Kai

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the fuse today and it didn't help. I just want to reiterate that I have power to the amp, I'm just not getting anything out. When I plug in the head unit the light does not go on (not a blown LED, I checked). I also took apart the head unit competely and found it to be in what appeared to be perfect condition. There is no head unit fuse like some were suggesting on the site.

What I've done:

Replaced R12 and R26

Checked Diode next to R12, was fine

Rewired arround burned spots on PCB board, no result

Checked head unit - appears to be fine

I'm running out of ideas and I really don't want to spend $50 to have someone else fix it. I do have access to an oscilloscope through school...is that where I should go next?

• 3 weeks later...