Cooked an egg on my subwoofer!?

CrazyMark

I just purchased the ProMedia 4.1 speakers yesterday. I noticed that the subwoofer was considerably hot, but I thought, nah, its just me. I checked the forum and it didn't seem like a common complaint. I thought for sure it would cool off, then my speakers started to buzz louder and louder, it already had a little hiss when I first turned them on. I went under my desk to unplug the system, and I nearly fried my arm on the subwoofer. It was hot enough for me to cook on. I'm considering returning the speakers or using the subwoofer to cook on while I play on my computer cwm1.gif. Is there any way to correct this issue or should I just take them back.

My system is a PIII 900mhz, 256Meg of Ram, SB X-Gamer 5.1, Geforce3 Video Card

CrazyMark

if your not exaggerating then you should most definately call and email Klipsch. That could cause some serious damage to property and yourself. I would unplug them if they are getting THAT hot till you talk to tech support.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

Return it now or you will be like me.. with no speakers and a nice big fat shipping bill so they can fix their poorly designed over priced speakers.

After 30 days you pay the shipping. And then plan to wait weeks before seeing your speakers again.

I has ProMedia 2.1 overheating problem,the amp plate on the sub was boiling hot after 5 monutes!Even with very low volume!?

I returned the set,the sales clerk told me to replace the heating unit! I told him these were speakers not a cooking device! LOL

I think Klipsch should make BASH ovens and toasters!

Just use the volume knob as the heat setting!

cwm27.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

>>They pay the shipping back..... at least<<

Who pays the shipping. I was told after 30 days that I had to pay the shipping, which I did. There was no offer of Fedex or anyone picking them up. I can assure you if this sub comes back and it gets hot during low volume it will be going back. I regret this purchase %100.