Earthquake SuperNova MKIV-10 Subwoofer

chops

Earthquake makes some quality subs,any time you compare these subs to a Sunfire of the same size the Sunfire will simply reach deeper and be capable of higher SPL.

This does not make these Earthquake subs lesser,people simply are looking for the most SPL for the money.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earthquake makes some quality subs,any time you compare these subs to a Sunfire of the same size the Sunfire will simply reach deeper and be capable of higher SPL.

This does not make these Earthquake subs lesser,people simply are looking for the most SPL for the money.

If I could have afforded it, I would have bought two of the Sunfire TrueSubwoofer EQ's. I could only afford one though, hence the reason why I decided to go with two of the Earthquake 10's instead.

At any rate, we just watched "Robots" and "The Bourne Supremacy" last night. Those little Earthquake subs were hitting pretty darn low, and hitting hard and loud as well. I was very shocked and very impressed at what those subs were doing.

Remember, I am running two of them, not just one. [;)]

The pic you posted of the front of your setup,yes I know I see TWO Earthquake subs.

Good to see people with gear not pushed by the local toilet paper tube pushers. [;)]

Most on this forum and all other forums do not realise how potent these compact subs can be,always pointing pointless higher distortion(that is inaudible)and pointing to higher SPL down deep(SPL and range they for the most part will never take advantage of).The main real disadvantage the compact subs has is price,you pay more to reach the same SPL you would with a less expensive larger sub.

I like these compact subs too,compact,you can place a dozen alongside the fron wall and not obstruct the whole room. [:D]

That is the big advantage I see, too -- the small size just gives you more placement options, and as we all know, with subwoofers, like real estate, it's "location, location, location"! And this is especially true in smaller rooms where standing waves are likely to be more of a problem.

Yes, you're very right chops, its overkill and its

really cool. The great thing is is that the little Earthquake is loud

plus it has good SQ, exactly what I'm looking for. Its so amazing.

Plus, with its small size, it fits under me feet better than the PMU

sub :D

where do you guys have the crossover set at on the sub? I have my set all the way to the highest point, which is 160 I think and then let the receiver set the x'over at 80hz.

That's almost exactly the way I had mine.

I have my receiver set at 50Hz, and now have the crossover on the subs turned to the 12 o' clock position. This is giving the subs a slightly steeper roll off, which I did because they were getting just a little bit "heavy" sounding in the corners behind my CWs. But that solved the problem and now everythings sounds just about right.

I must add one more thing about this great little sub. I've had it long

enough to know what it sounds like, and in all honesty, the sound from

this sub is sooo much better than that from my PMU sub, I only use this

thing now. Also, I finally got around to playing Call of Duty 2, and

this thing shook my house, and was so lound (only turned up to the 8-9

o'clock position) it could be heard out side, easily... its amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, for anyone who knows, I've been trying to figure out the

"Hi-Level Out" outputs (please refer to chops' pics). Does anyone know

if these are powered outputs or if they only carry a signal. Please let

me know.

They just past the signal through from you receiver/amplifier straight to your speakers.