First of all, I know Klipsch is not obligated to host a forum....

Clarence

The forums were going down because the server they are on is old and has a small C drive (8GB) and doesn't have a lot of system RAM. Because the drive on the server was being filled with backups and other files to the point where it was maxed (Webmaster found it down to just a few MB one day). The lack of memory was causing the forums to become unavailable.

Webmaster has since worked with one of the IT guys and they freed up about 2GB of space on the server so that the forums are more stable. However the long term solution is to get a new server. In the interim Webmaster has been considering moving the forums to a different server so that these problems are lessened. However, we should have a new server for the Klipsch website and forums by sometime in July which should make both faster and more reliable.

I realize that the Klipsch website and forum was down this past weekend (around saturday evening). I think that I.T. was working on something internal that impacted the servers over the weekend. I'm not sure exactly why it was down this last time.

We don't like the forums or the site being down anymore than you guys do. So, we're sorry about the recent problems, but we are working to improve everything.

Oh, just for curiosity's sake, since some of you were wondering... The forums are software that we buy, they are written (currently) in ASP.NET 1.1 (Active Server Pages .Net). Webmaster and I build the websites in ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0. We do have an MSSQL backend, and all of our servers are on site and our internal IT department maintains them.

Thanks for the update. Being the webmaster here is definitely a thankless job. We are a bit of a temperamental lot. We ask for an inch, take a mile and complain because the road was not paved to our liking. Thanks for keeping us up to date. IMO this is still the best forum of its type available.

Well, I guess we should start a "klipsch forum server" fund. I just recently made a donation by ordering my H3's brand new in March. I plan on making another donation as soon as I get the money to buy CW3's.

Remind the brass in the Ivory tower that the customer is king, and this customer LOVES this forum!! And, consider this a public "THANK YOU" to the Admins and Webmasters of this great forum! I have tried AVS and the like, and J.4knee is correct in saying that this is the best of its kind!