Kudret

The diamond on my Shure VN5xMR stylus fell off and according to some

posts on AA this was a common problem for some Shure stylus. A quick

search on google for a replacement stylus revealed that it will cost me

around $200 to replace it.

I've read good comments about Denon 103 recently on the forum and I was

thinking of getting one. I remember that Denon 103 was available for

$125 at the time but the lowest price on eBay now is around $150. Does

anyone know if Denon is still available for $125?

EDIT: Ooops! Denon DL103 is an MC cartridge? In that case what would be a good replacement MM cartridge for V15Vx?

Kudret

I have a gold with around 200 hours on it. I just upgrade my turntable to a VPI scout. I personally do not like the grado at all. The midrange is not at all good in my book, with both with the VPI and project 1.2 tables I used it on. The denon 103R ($250) absolutely crushes it. You can have my grado for $70 if you want it.

I personally question how much better the gold is than the lower line, same basic design. I think you are getting well into diminishing return, within the prestige line, when you get to the gold and are in the price teritiory of much better cartridges. If you are stuck on a grado, I would go with a lower model and save up for a step up and go MC and a much better MM...or buy mine used if you absolutely must have a gold...

Just to clairfy, grado has only two lines...the prestige line IS the lower line and the gold is the top of that line...The red is a good alternative IMHO, it is cheaper and sounds really good to me. I like the sound but others may not. I also give wieght to being able to change the stylus myself and not having to take it somewhere to be re-tipped, etc. My last two cartridges were, a sumiko BPS and before that a stanton 881S...tony