iFi and Speaker Stands

Yes, but I'm going to be using these speakers in a dorm, so I wanted to put them on the speaker stands available to purchase with the ProMedia 2.1 speakers, so that I can save desk space. I don't want these behemoths + my computer and books taking up all of the real estate on my desk!

• 2 weeks later...

I would have spent about $3-400 if that was the best price available. Above that price I would move up to a Slim Devices Squeezebox and separate amp and speakers. That is my current migration path from the iFi.

IMO, the iFi kills the competition and is much better than the iGroove (I own both).

I'm just trying to gauge how people view the original $399 price, and if the performance matches the price. Can you get a powered sub+sats with the iFi sound quality anywhere else for $399? ($215 is an absolute steal on the sound per dollar scale if you ask me.)

Personally, if you gave me $1000 to buy a stereo, I'd buy the iFi at $399 and give you back the change.

I think the reviewer didn't really want to like the iFi but came away concluding that it is the best of the bunch. The Bass EQ and treble boost are interesting but I wouldn't put too much creedence into the Rat Shack FR measurements. Bottom line: iFi is just the best sounding Ipod solution out there.