Just bought SF2 and looking for Receiver

JDLaws

I just bought a pair of SF2's and love the sound. I am looking to buy either a Denon AVR1802 or the AVR2802. Will the 1802 be enough to power these? Will the 2802 sound better or just it does have more home theater features which I may not use. Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. Can anybody comment on how much they use Pro logic 2 listening to music CDs? Not sure if I'd miss that or not. Also, to cut to the chase, the sales guy at this audio chain I went to suggested that the 1802 would not be enough of a receiver to power the SF2's. I believe he was just trying to sell a more expensive receiver, so I'm looking for a more neutral opinion. Thanks!

IMHO, you are correct in your assessment of the sales person's motives. 80WPC is more than enough to do a great job on the SF2s. Klipsch are so highly sensitive that they require much less power than other speakers to achieve the same volume.

As far as "unauthorized" dealers go, you have to weight that yourself. My decision on any particular purchase centers around whether or not the seller is likely to be in business for the next 3-5 years, their "private" warranty (most of them offer to fix things just as the manufacturer's warranty does), the likelihood of needing warranty service (speakers don't typically need it, electronics might), and the cost difference. Probably not much help, but those are my thoughts.

DD2

------------------

Denon AVR-3300

Acurus A200x3

NAD 7155 Receiver Pioneer PD-F19 CD Changer

Sony CDP-C8ESD CD Changer

Denon 3000 DVD

Toshiba M784 VCR

B&O Beogram 1800 TT

Klipsch Chorus

Klipsch KV-3 Center

Klipsch SS-1 Surround