Balanced Interconnects

mtber101

Balanced cables have a dedicated ground wire I believe, rather than using the cable shielding mesh as the ground. They are good for less noise but supposedly only over long runs. My Aragon stuff does not have XLR plugs, but I sure would like to do a back to back comparison.

I've not ordered from them - yet..., but I'm making my list and checking it twice.

Markertec caters to the pro-AV biz - their catalog runs 350 pages.

For the XLR cables, you can specify color, wire (Belden or Canare)& std or premium Neutrik connectors. They'll basically make you anything you want.

James

I have personally done a a/b test between RCA jacks and Balanced XLR cables. The XLR cables are hands down much quieter than the expensive "designer brand RCA jacks" on my Sunfire Theater Grand II and Sunfire Signature 5 amp. I'm using 15' long Rat Shack XLR cables and 3' long RCA jacks. Don't bother spending the $100 plus for the monster cable brand XLR cables, just find the cheapest ones out there and they willl kick the living begeesus out of any RCA you can find, BAR NONE.

This will definately start an arguement with the Griffinator.

Just try it for yourself.

In fact, I absolutely refuse to buy any amp/preamp that does not have this option. That's been my Creedo for the last 3years

Nevermind.... I found them and already placed an order. My local

stereo shop wanted to charge me $100 per .5m cable. I just

ordered 5 3'cables and a 15 foot plus overnight shipping for the price

of one cable from my local dealer. How much better could his be?