Speaker suggestions please

Big Piney

I want to upgrade my home theater which also serves as my music source. I have a Sony STR-DE998 receiver 120 watt/ch 7.1. My main speakers are Klipsch KG 5.2. I have a pretty good center channel speaker (not Klipsch). I need a sub, 2 side surround and 2 rear surrounds. Any suggestions as to what would be compatible with the KG 5.2's. And all for under $750 or so.

Hi, anything out of the Kg line would mate well.

As for a sub, I believe the Sub 12 can be had for around $450, or one of the DIY kits, available from Parts Express.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-762

These are nice, well designed subs, and take about an hour to assemble. However at $536(+free ship), you'll only have $215 left, for your 2 prs of surrounds. 1 pr. this year(5.1) and another next(7.1)?

Why not buy them used, from Ebay, www.audiogon.com, etc...

OR right here on the forum, give this post a couple of days, you will get some responses, take your time, I think there is a great sub deal under Powered Subs, check it out, there are helpful people on this forum, much knowledge to be had, and alot of opinions.

Actually, being the the frugal cheepskate that I am, used is the only way to go with audio gear. Take advantage of those that must always have the latest and greatest. Patience will proove itself in the end. However, and in my experience, a better deal will usually show up immediately after a purchase.

Keep an eye on various *local* markets as well.

I will look around for some used items. Thanks. Also, I have the capability to use my KG 5.2's as a separate front speaker system for audio and could still hook up a complete surround system to use for movies and music dvd's. That would take care of the compatability issue. I have been looking at the Quintet II and III system's.

Again, thanks for the time and suggestions.