Amp / Pre-Amp for 2 Channel Listening

Klipsch_Geek

I have been focused on HT and Surround for so long now that I am out of the 2 Channel scene. I picked up a pair of RF-83's to use as demo's (along with RF-82's and RB-81's) and am looking for a good 2 channel Amp/Pre combo or even Integrated. I have access to Rotel, but read some mixed reviews on the combo. I would like to keep myself under $1500 if possible, since this is for biz not my personal system.

I carry Denon for HT, but that really isn't the type of 2 channel equipment I was thinking about unless someone has great things to say about their Integrated Stereo Amp.

I do have a Crown PL-4 sittting around doing nothing, and will probably use that in the meantime since I don't want to keep my 2 channel setup in the same room as my RX-Z1 for very long.

Anybody have something to recommend?

Just curious...do you want a new or used amp and preamp or integrated? Do you want to experiment with vacuum tubes, or stay with solid-state, or even try digital? If you use your Crown, would you be interested in a tube or SS preamp?

I guess I was just looking for some suggestions. I am not affraid to go with a well-loved piece of vintage gear, and I am open to seperates or integrated.

I am not sure about the digital amps, I have heard the latest from Rotel and didn't think it would be well suited to go with the RF-83's.

The Crown piece is just one that I have had forever and I am familiar with it since I used to run it on the main channels of my Scalas. I think If I went Tube I would prefer to go all tube, either seperates or integrated.