2 questions about non-multimeida sub-sat setup

djbeatz

Can someone please explain how I go about setting which frequencies go to the sub and which go the sats when using a "real" subwoofer/amp enclosure (i.e. NOT a multimedia sub) ???

Also, could you please explain how to go about hooking up my promedia 2.1 sats to a "real" subwoofer/amp enclosure (i.e. NOT a multimedia sub) for home use?

I've done research on home theater and bookshelf systems on google, but still I need help.

Hello,

First you need to determine the lowest freq.your sat. speaker will reproduce.Your sub should have a variable x-over and level control.If your sat. speaker reproduces bass down to say 80hz then set the subwoofers variable x-over around there.It is important to expieriment with placement of the sub,level and the x-over setting to find what sounds best to you.

If you have 2 outputs on your preamp you can use a line level input to the sub with the second output.If not run your speaker outputs from your amp/reciever to sub(at the speaker level inputs)then on to the sat speakers from the speaker level outputs.

It is hard to recommend the right setup till you tell us more about the system as a whole,I hope this answers your question.

Greg