Paradigm Ultracube

greg0320

Whao!!! Exactly what were you smoking and where can I buy it dude.

Well I will give you a hint MR SUBWOOFER MACHO NACHO,At about half the price you will find the sub12 will be better that the ultra cube .If i am not mistaken the ultra cube runs around 1g cad at my local shops.I cant keep up to remember all the prices of subs I try,thats no concern for me ,but I do know and remember how they perform ! And no i do not smoke,that way I can spend more money buying quality subs[:P] I think we all know now what the macho has for a sub,A Sony WM40 with around 100 watts of farting power [:P][:)]

Mucho Nacho,

I did mellow out...damn wait wait do I read a composed and sober post out of YOU! WOW

In shock ,all your posts so far sound like from a homless dude with internet access. [:o]

The little cube loses every time,sure thing Nacho Camacho.Its logical a woofer placed in the ideal volume cabinet will outperform the same quality woofer EQ'd to work in a tiny cabinet.

I will not argue the obvious.

The problem is you are a biased as a blind extremist follower. Huge compromise,what do you own to call a Seismic 12 a huge compromise,I hope at least a IB using four 18" woofers designed for the task and a very advanced room bass correction system.

Have both and will tell you about them...

The paradigm Sesmic 12 compared with a Velodyne SPL1200.

Both are well built,the Velo has a better quality cabinetry.Both have very capable amps,both are solid and should last you many years of hard use and abuse sometimes.

The SPL is a sealed sub and will start rollong off quicker,but will reach a bit deeper.The SPL1200 has a more natural bass output and matches better in a music system.The Seismic will offer more deep bass output but will not be as tight in the upper bass and as natural.

Not to say the Seismic is boomy,when cut at 80Hz or lower,as any sub should be.You will only experience slight boom when in a nasty spot and you have a huge room gain around 60-80Hz.

The audiophile in me says SPL1200,the movie buff says Seismic12. I say collect them all. [:D]

Ran across an older post of yours...

"1000-1500 dollars. Again no shortage of units...

Klipsch RSW12 or 15

SVS PB2-Plus or PB-Ultra

Paradigm Seismic 12 (compact sub)

Velodyne SPL1200 (very compact sub)

Most will run closer to the $1500 limit.

These should do no wrong,the SVS will go deepest with the highest SPL and if you need small the Seismic 12 is a great sub for all applications both HT and music.BTW Seismic 12 over a SPL1200 for HT and music.

M&K simply uses woofers that do not move the amount of air the competition does.And displacement is a MAJOR part of the equation is the subwoofer world."

Do you still feel that the Seismic 12 is better than SPL 1200R for HT and music listening combination?

Greg

Ok Greg here I go again...

The Paradigm Seismic12 will play deeper LOUDER than the Velodyne SPL1200. The SPL1200 is a better music sub,Seismic 12 a better HT sub.While both will trade clothes and do quite well on both music and HT.

If I had to take only ONE...I would go SPL1200,the newer unit with the EQ. You ahve if you at all can hear both with material you know.As my first choice may not be your first choice. Both are capable and very high quality.

Paradigm uses a slightly better quality woofer,you have to see the Seismic/Servo woofer(s) to see making woofers is an art. [:D]

Mucho Nacho,

I did mellow out...damn wait wait do I read a composed and sober post out of YOU! WOW

In shock ,all your posts so far sound like from a homless dude with internet access. [:o]

The little cube loses every time,sure thing Nacho Camacho.Its logical a woofer placed in the ideal volume cabinet will outperform the same quality woofer EQ'd to work in a tiny cabinet.

I will not argue the obvious.

The problem is you are a biased as a blind extremist follower. Huge compromise,what do you own to call a Seismic 12 a huge compromise,I hope at least a IB using four 18" woofers designed for the task and a very advanced room bass correction system.

Homeless? LOL, actually can you give me a quarter. no wait make its 2 dollars, just down on my luck and sleeping on the streets can be tough, just help a fella out would ya?

Seriously in your apartment how can you say you can test out subwoofers? Your nieghbors must love you? really how does that work dude. Wondering. Any real sub goes right through those walls.