Scott 299D Dumb Question,...Help Please.

NMR Guy

Okay I have owned my Scott for about hree years and always had it in my study> I recently moved it to my basement system and now i want to hook it up.

Quoting from the Scott manual I have a copy of:

"The bottom terminal strip is for connecting the speaker wire. Connect one end of the speaker wire to the two terminals on your let hand speaker or speaker enclosure. Connect the other end to the "O" and "H" terminals for the left channel. Repeat for the right hand speaker."

What the heck does "O" and "H" stand for? I've heard of "C" for "Common," but this dummy can't figure what "O" and "H" stand for.

Thanks all,

0= zero =+

H= Hot= -

Rick

Rick,

You have me confused?

H = High or Positive speaker wire.

0 = Zero ohms or Negative speaker wire.

The amp has one of each for left and right channels.

Attach the left positive speaker wire to the left H

Attach the left negative speaker wire to the left 0

Repeat for the right channel.

The wires that come from inside the amp should be attached to what ever tap is closest to the value of your speakers impedance.

So 8 for 8 ohm speaker and so on.

I have a friend who has a Scott Amp that NOS worked on, don't recall the model number, it's like 28 watts per channel, he hooked his KG4's to it, Damn man, those speakers sound good. Hard to believe under 30 watts can do that.Between us, the KG4's sound better on the Scott than a set of Fortes II he has. Don't get all worked up, that is just my opinion,listening through my ears, and I'm sure he, and half of the forum, will tell me I'm Nuts, so be it. 28 watts is not alot, but power those 4's it does. Scott is pretty nice stuff.

Yes indeed I love my Scott 299D. Sometimes after I've been to one of the higher end HiFi shops in Portland and listened to some 20K amplifers driving some 18K to 20K speakers I'm thrilled with my little Scott driving a pair of LaScalas! They had it so right all those years ago!

Sadly my Scott was "Redone" by a full on shmuck named Charlie Kittleson sp? at Vacuum Tube Valley. (It was long before I knew of Craig at NOS Valves) As good at his craft and as honest as Craig is, "Charlie" ISN'T!

I now have four systems in my home, all of which I enjoy. The Scott is now in my basement system driving a pair of KP301 (Kilisch Professional three ways) and I still love it. I only wish I would have known Craig so it could have been done by him. (A few little "Gotchas" that Charlie overlooked even though he was paid a VERY premium price) Hell I'm lucky to have EVER received it from "Promises, Promises, Charlie."

Regards

I gotta lay off the iced tea.

Sure it wasn't wine[D] [;)] Hope your doing well with the new tube unit in your chest. I sure can not say the same for my Dad.

No, I ain't a winer.[;)]

Your Dad's still having trouble? That's too bad. Did the infection go away?

I doing very well, too well. I'm not supposed to lift more than eight pounds. Yeah right. I finally finished those Mark IIIs this week. They weigh about eight pounds, on the moon! I'm chomping at the bit to get out and do some yard work, turkey hunt and shoot my bow. Hopefully, they will OK it Wednesday when I go in for my check-up.

Rick

I gotta lay off the iced tea.

Sure it wasn't wine[D] [;)] Hope your doing well with the new tube unit in your chest. I sure can not say the same for my Dad.

No, I ain't a winer.[;)]

Your Dad's still having trouble? That's too bad. Did the infection go away?

I doing very well, too well. I'm not supposed to lift more than eight pounds. Yeah right. I finally finished those Mark IIIs this week. They weigh about eight pounds, on the moon! I'm chomping at the bit to get out and do some yard work, turkey hunt and shoot my bow. Hopefully, they will OK it Wednesday when I go in for my check-up.

Rick

The infection is not the problem. The problem is the cure for the infection had weakened to the point that he will never fully recover. These problems have never leveled off I just quit mentioning them. Now it has come to a point after another recent hospital stay for water retension and poor electrolyte levels that he simply has to have constant help in the nursing home. So the saga contunues.

Craig