Buying advice on new Marantz receiver...

Hey everyone, just stumbled across this deal at audiogon while searching for a new receiver.

Here's the link: http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?miscrcvr&1147223703

Was planning on getting the Marantz SR5600 to go with my klipsch speakers from accessories4less, but this deal seems almost too good to pass up, or maybe too good to be true?

Anyone have any experience with either audiogon or this american theatre business? American theatre is not listed on marantz' auth. online dealer list. Gray market perhaps? Almost doesn't matter at that price maybe.

I'm going to email or call and see for sure if it is "new in the box" like they claim.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/experiences!

Well, it's an auction, so $450 is the starting bid. Who knows what the ending price would be?

But let's say the seller starting posting all sorts of stuff on forums on the internet and generated a bunch of interest in this product. Who knows how high the auction may go. Maybe even higher than retail!

I'd also say that if you e-mailed the seller and asked if it was new in the box like they claim. And if they lied on the ad, they probably would lie in your e-mail response as well.

Good Luck on your bidding!

I realize there is no way to predict the final cost, but I had watched the auction for a few days and nobody was bidding, which I guess in itself should have been a sign. Then I did email them and no answer. Anyways, I found this on the ecoustics forums via user Berny. For the benefit of anyone else thinking of doing business with them they should check this out:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/3/145740.html

That post goes on and on about how awful they are, so I'm glad I didn't bother to sign up and start bidding on audiogon. It seems that AmSound is less than reputable.