AVP Unrated disc

Watchengineer

Hello,
I purchased the AVP Unrated DVD from Best Buy and I'm having trouble with it freezing up. This is the third disc I try. I returned the 1st and 2nd ones. Each disc freezes up at exactly 5 min 43 sec. All three discs stop at the exact same time. Also, this happens only if I choose the Unrated DTS version. The DD Unrated and the DTS and DD Theatrical versions play fine.
I have a Denon DVD-2900 which plays all of my DVD's with no problems.
Odd thing is, I put the disc in my sons $300 Sony and it played fine. Go figure :(

Does anyone think it is a player problem? Or a DVD problem?

Thanks for any input.

Probably a combination of both. Does it just stop after 5:43? Or does it stop skipping and continue on? There's a possibility that the dvd is changing layers at that point and some players will always skip when that happens.

It always stops at 5 min 43 sec. If I fast forward for just a second,

it continues on and stops at 41min 02 sec and again at 48 min 52 sec.

Always at these same times. The rest of the film plays fine.

I've had DVD's stop before and when I got a new one from the store, all was fine. Not with this one.

Thanks for getting back to me DrWho.

The most common solution is something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000J1QK/103-9920542-4363059?v=glance&n=172282

You can usually find them anywhere that you can purchase CD-R's or other related items (Radio Shack, Best Buy, CD/DVD stores, etc etc...)

But I personally like to get some long "Q-Tips" and some isopropyl alcohol and just clean it that way, but it's a more delicate process.