Anyone actually listen to the RF-83's

Scudd

I have a set of KLF-30's as loaners, while a friend of mine moves into his new house. Sound quality, I feel they are some of the best speakers Klipsch has ever made. The build quality on the other hand, is some of the worst. So, with these as loaners, I've been bitten by the upgrade bug. It looks like the RF-83's are now Klipsch's top of the line. I was just wondering how they compare to the KLF's or Forte's?

The shizity part is, I have to drive 70 miles to the closest retailer and they don't stock them or have any speakers to demo. I would have to order the RF-83's sound unheard.

I auditioned the KLF20 and 30 a few years back,when these where the standard at my local Klipsch dealer.Yes the built quality is so so,the sound was very dynamic as with all larger Klipsch but lacked refinement.NOt agressive,simply I would say the KLF's are good speakers for someone who does not demand too much refinement and can live with the looks and built quality of the KLF series. For the money fair deal

The RF7's are a good step up from the KLF30's,more dynamic,better detail and way better parts quality and built. Having the RF7's since they were introduced and having used anything from a mid priced receiver to a high end high power amp I can say these will satisfy most audiophiles in the right room.

RF83's are a small step up from the RF7's in built quality,the overall finish has improved slightly.And sound wise they are a bit more refined than the RF7's. RF83's will please to more people than the RF7's.

You would have to listen to a few CD's you know to hear for youself. KLF30 to RF83's,major gains in built quality,driver quality and sound quality.No doubt

If I had the choice today of the three I would pick the RF83's,the only aspect of the RF7's I prefer over the RF83's is the unreal slam when paired with a major big league solid state.