Newer speakers

Mike T

Hello every one

Havn't been on this forum in quite a while, so I'll let you know what system I have, and then ask for a little advise and - or HELP. I have two older Heresy's, (116W610), don't know what this means, but I know you guys do., I have a KV3 center, Would like something better, KSF-S5 rear speakers. I think I could do better here also. Have a Denon 5803 Reciever, 3910 DVD Player, Sharp Aquos 45" LCD HDTV, Pioneer LD player, and SVS Subs. Now, I'm trying to get things together to set up my system after a long absence do to a flood in the house. Thought I'd just remodel everything as I go. I need to get something another couple of speakers that will go good with my Heresy's that I already have. Some one here in Vegas has a brand New set of Heresy II for $750 in the box, ect. Is this a good price for these, and will they match up with mine timber - wise? And what what should I use for a Center Channel? He does have 2 sets hes trying to get wrid of, so I could go 6.1 Heresy's everywhere. I know the Heresy III are out ( I think), but quite a bit more, and the La Scalla's.......... What more could I say, except I don't have the room...... Thanks for any advise or recomendations, or......

Thanks,

Mike T

You asked if $750. is a good price for new H2's in the box, I would say yes. A new pair of H3's lists at $750. each. You say you already have a sub, and you can get 2 new pairs of H2's, if you got the bucks, buy them all, and have a heresy home theatre, just like you mentioned. Use the new speakers front and back, use an old one for center, use the other for 6th channel, plus your sub .1 and your in business.

Ya, definetly go with the Heresy all around theater if you can. The timbre matching isn't going to be an issue at all. I've had the chance to hear a lot of different heresies and they all sound about 95% the same - and the last 5% was probably due to worn out crossovers. If you're really worried about it, just put the 3 most similar speakers in the front where timbre matching is the biggest concern.

Thanks for the advise. I found the dealer on the klipsch website, and called all the local Heretige dealers..(?). The one that really suprised me was a kareokee place...selling Klipsch? But they had the 2 new pair of The II's. I just forgot to ask if they were cherry or black, would like the wood grain to match my old ones. Are there any upgrades to be done on eather the old I's (I think thats what I have) or the II's? My speakers are like my Harley. I love them, sometimes not sure why, just a fact of life I guess.

ANyway, thanks again

mike t

Well your heresys are gonna need new caps for sure. They're 25 years

old. You can get them from Bob Crites on this forum or you can get them

from parts express. I just replaced the caps on my cornwalls friday

night. I was gonna post pictures but now my digital camera is

mysteriously not working. Also you can find lots more info with pics in

the search function of the forum. Welcome to the forum! Mark