Ceiling speakers for rears?

Sosa

Building a new house right now and plan on framing the basement up in the next few weeks. I'm looking at getting a pair of in-ceiling speakers that will go well with my RF 35 Mains, RC 35, and 15" sub. I currently use RB 35's for rears but no way I can really mounth them at a good listening level in this room. Would the CSR-650r be be the best choice? Around $200 for the pair and then I would need to get the kit also for mounting.

Just looking for more imput before I order them through my dealer.

They will have to go in the ceiling as the back wall is to far back to go in the wall.

Basically have the room will be tv / couches etc, and the other end that will be behind the couches etc will have a pool table and bar area.

so if you have to put rear speakers on the ceiling...there is a distance factor away from the wall to contend with. this distance has to be determined to allow for the perception that the rear surrounds are at the reciver recomended height for rear 7.1 (or 5.1).

if you put the speakers on the ceiling very close to the wall...it will be percieved to be higher than the recommended listening height. as you move the speaker away from the wall....the correct height perception is approached...but if you go to far into the room....the rear ceiling speakers begin to overshadow your other speakers. do you put covers on these to allow sound to bounce off the walls into the listening area and block the directly radiated sound from over head....trial and error..before you cut the hole in the ceiling.

Yeah I'm not sure what to do, I would love to use my RB 35's for rears like I currently do but I'm not sure if about a good listenting position for them and mounts big enough to hold them on the wall or ceiling. Klipsch dealer is 90 miles away each way so I can have them stop over easily.

so if you have to put rear speakers on the

ceiling...there is a distance factor away from the wall to contend

with. this distance has to be determined to allow for the perception

that the rear surrounds are at the reciver recomended height for rear

7.1 (or 5.1).

if you put the speakers on the ceiling very close to the wall...it will

be percieved to be higher than the recommended listening height. as you

move the speaker away from the wall....the correct height perception is

approached...but if you go to far into the room....the rear ceiling

speakers begin to overshadow your other speakers. do you put covers on

these to allow sound to bounce off the walls into the listening area

and block the directly radiated sound from over head....trial and

error..before you cut the hole in the ceiling.

I think you may want to look at the CDT line of speakers. The

driver pivots in a gimble and they tweeter articulates from it's

position, so that the speaker can literally be aimed to any location

(within reason). Of cousres as stated above, nothing will fix the

problem if your sitting position is against the wall and you cannot get

the speakers behind you.

The sitting position will not be against the wall. The couch will be in the middle of the room with about 12 ft or so behind it. I'm beginning to think if I should try to find some wall mounts for the RB 35's that I have and just put them on the rear wall and not even mess with these in ceiling ones.

Does anyone know where to get some wall mounts that would hold RB 35's?