New CHEAP Terk AM/FM Antenna

Clarence

Ok got it today. 12 bucks on buy.com. Unplugged the Squeezebox, and the noise disappeard from my reciever. It turns out that even with the Squeezebox off, it is still recieving streaming brodcast from the news ticker and the network. So ya have to unplug it. I am currently listening to a crystal clear Sirius brodcast on my 1989 NAD 7100 reciever. Cool!

I decided against a power antenna, I read that they only amplify distortion. This cool little device came with both coax connection, bi-wire for AM, and an adapter for FM bi-wire with a ferrite? core. Nice package for 12 bucks.

post-21157-138192982561_thumb.jpg

I was wondering how good they are. I recently aquired a vintage 1979 Pioneer SX-980 and thought about getting a nice antenna. I don't really need one though because my tuner is extemely sensitive. I am using a 6 foot section of 16 guage speaker wire and I receive all the local stations very clearly. But I want something that looks better. Maybe I'll try one. Thanks.

I believe that the 2.4 Ghz or wireless B is a radio signal that can interfere with the wireless phones that use the same channel and radios.

What else can interrupt my connection?

Wireless connects using radio waves. Those things that

can cause interference of radio can also interfere with your Wireless

connection. The largest offenders however are those things containing

water. Wood, people, fish tanks, walls all can cause the signal

to be interrupted or lessened. If you experience a connection problem

try moving to a different part of the room or within sight of the

Wireless Access Point.

http://www.chipublib.org/003cpl/computer/wifi/wififaqs.html

they run on the same radio spectrum hence some intreference.... Also I pluged my tv antannea aux output into my hk and could not want any better reception.

THNX Jay!

I thought that FCC rules made it impossible for devices to produce interference and that all devices must accept any that was produced. Must be the tolerances for wireless networking equipment are not yet firmly in place, or strictly being enforced. My wireless network interferes with my phone, reciever, etc. I probably will try to use a cat 5 network cable when I move, just not possible here.

Makes sense, if you can have wires, use em.

C

to a degree.... most electronic products do emit interference, for an example the microwave does even outside of the microwave range (radio)

Try switching the wifi channel from one of lower or higher and and have the phone channel the opposite. Just try and experiment