How's the Yamaha CA/VIT

trachselbj

This audio stuff is complicated. It's almost a full time job learning the minimum that's needed to configure, shopping for the best price, and all the while attempting to understand the terms and acronyms--not to mention watts, amps, and ohms. Well, I now have four Quintet satellites on the way from Ubid, and at the moment am bidding on a pair of centers, RSC-1's, only because Quintet centers and RSC-.5's seem harder to come by. I'm not sure if I'll keep the second center. After looking at a number of receiver specs, I learned that you can have a front as well as a rear center. Overkill? I'm also shopping for a KSW-12 or 15.

Trey, from Klipsch Technical Support, informed me several days ago that a receiver, in order to work with the computer, which houses music and is used to play DVD's, must have "coax digital input." Now, what else does it need or should it have?

If you could comment on Yamaha's CA/VIT (see below, I'd certainly appreciate it. There are actually three models. The link above is to the basic or cheapest one. Though it's not a receiver per say, it's designed to work with a computer. I'm just a little concerned because my soundcard duplicates some of its features, and it doesn't appear to have individual outputs for each of the speakers and sub. I'm also wondering if it has enough power. It doesn't say anything about wattage in terms that I'm familiar with. I think its rated using RMS watts and there are only 12. One other thing. What do you have to do to get digital sound? Most everything Ive seen only produces analog. Even my 4.1's dont seem to recognize a digital signal.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Yamaha CA/VIT

IWILL KK266-R

AMD Athlon 1200

1024MB PC133 SDRAM

(2) IBM 40GB 7200 HDs

SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Platinum

All-in-Wonder Radeon 32MB

PlexWriter 16/10/40

Pioneer DVD-116

Sony Multiscan G400 19 monitor

Klipsch ProMedia 4.1

Yamaha CA/VIT

Hey trachselbj, check out Sounddistributors.com. They have SC.5's for $120.00 and SC-1's for $179.00. Great prices on all Klipsch Speakers - I have a System 6 w/KSW-12 on the way for $775.00.

Good Luck with the CA/VIT issue - can't help you there.

This message has been edited by Hagood on 11-04-2001 at 12:02 PM