FS: ASC Sub Trap

Colin

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?xml:namespace prefix = w ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" />

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Pre-engineered acoustic upgrade for subwoofers. It looks like a subwoofer, yet acts like a sub-stack. It is actually a base for the subwoofer that provides needed acoustic conditioning. By raising the sub off the floor and putting a bass trap in its place, the subwoofer is effectively decoupled from the vertical room mode. Excess bass buildup is reduced and the playback volume of the subwoofer can be turned back up. The SubTrap is the latest member of the TubeTrapTM product line by Acoustic Sciences Corporation.

Type: Stand

Supports: 250 pounds

Top: Non-skid carpet

Feet: Vibration isolation type

Finish: Black fabric

New Price: $398 (18 inch)

You need more material than that:

http://www.asc-home-theater.com/subtrap.htm<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.stereophile.com/musicintheround/904music/index1.html

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_2/asc-subtrap-6-2005.html

The ASC SubTrap works as advertised. It reduces vibration transmission through the floor, improves the frequency response in the mid and upper bass regions, reduces low frequency reverberant decay times, and it locates the subwoofer closer to the height of the main speakers. Not surprisingly, this unique combination of engineered performance features results in an audible improvement in the bass quality. Discerning HT and hi-fi enthusiasts will definitely appreciate how the ASC SubTrap extracts the best possible performance from any subwoofer.

the price is a bit steep don't you think? 400 dollars is a entry level subwoofer. I mean it probably would not make sense if you subwoofer is under 1000 dollars. But I am intrigued by the idea, maybe when I put my ifi subwoofer on my clothes draw thats why the bass was improved over the boomy corner it was before. The reason for the clothes draw was college dorm and it did not fit under the bed

I agree, Colin, maybe post again with a clear For Sale message, photo and price on the first post. This came across to me as just an informative thread until I noticed your asking price later on.

Interesting piece. I need to make up something similar in a smaller size for the THX subs, as the corner where they will be residing has a baseboard heater right in the way. I need to bump mine up like 8" off the floor and will use some of this 'decoupling' technique when I do.

Michael