"Hazardous Sound Levels" stickers

cscmc1

The facts are that last year New York got an unusually large amount of money to make up for their getting shorted the year before. The amount for this year is, naturally, less than last year, but is the same as New York has been getting on average for the past five years. That's the whole truth, but some folks prefer half truths.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protection is expensive, I doubt wherever you live you see the hercules group roaming your town and responds to any of your 911 phone calls. NY has always been a target and was hit twice already (bombing and then 9/11). I remember some towns use the antiterrorist federal grant to pay for shortcomings the city has with budget crisis. Heck one town even used it to buy new streetsweepers.... instead of nuclear and biological detection devices etc. Also remember guys, the Federal Government may have a national threat level but NY has always been on high alert after 9/11. It costs alot to be on high alert all the time. BTW if you wanna know what the hercules group is, here http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/law_enforcement/2818211.html

I've seen them and at first they were terrorists till you see their kind of too professional to be terrorists.

The Greatest City in the World,

Grinding my teeth and rolling my eyes...

WHY?????

Hmmm... geez I don't know... London, Paris, San Francisco, Rome, Chicago, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Toronto, Los Angeles, Venice, Munich. I can't imagine why.

The Greatest City in the World,

Grinding my teeth and rolling my eyes...

WHY?????

Hmmm... geez I don't know... London, Paris, San Francisco, Rome, Chicago, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Toronto, Los Angeles, Venice, Munich. I can't imagine why.

lol, I was thinking the same thing...

Don't knock it till you've been there. Hey movie stars and famous/wealthy people have the means to live anywhere they want and they probably traveled to all of those cities and then some. But many of them live in NY, I guess there must be some reason why that is.

Don't knock it till you've been there. Hey movie stars and famous/wealthy people have the means to live anywhere they want and they probably traveled to all of those cities and then some. But many of them live in NY, I guess there must be some reason why that is.

Actually, I am in New York several times a year, I work for a NY based company and I have several friends that live there. I am not knocking it, it is a terrific city, there is no other place quite like it. I am just not going to call it or any other city "the greatest in the world". Being proud of where you live is important, believe me I love Chicago, but so many big cities in this world have so much to offer. I wouldn't limit myself to considering only one as the best. Also there are plenty of movie stars and famous/wealthy people who don't live in NY, not that I would use that as criteria for judging a city. If I did, then, as they said on "Green Acres", Aspen would be the place to be. [:)]

- Jim

I think we got off a bit off topic but I want to Thank you again CSCMC1 as I just checked the mail and got it today. I cannot believe you paid $.63 for shipping for each person you sent it to. Again THANK YOU

To everyone that wants to know what it looks like I will post a picture soon

Wall Street, Ellis island, Broadway, Yankee Stadium, United Nations, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, just some of reasons why it's the Greatest City in the World, but you left out the Greatest Country in the World, my original comment was the Greatest City in the World, in the Greatest Country in the World.

Wall Street, Ellis island, Broadway, Yankee Stadium, United Nations, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, just some of reasons why it's the Greatest City in the World.

No... Those are just some of the reasons why it's New York. A terrific city and one of the worlds best, no doubt. But I admire your civic pride (as misguided as it may be).[:P]

The second part of your original post I agree with completely.

-Jim

Wall Street, Ellis island, Broadway, Yankee Stadium, United Nations, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, just some of reasons why it's the Greatest City in the World.

No... Those are just some of the reasons why it's New York. A terrific city and one of the worlds best, no doubt. But I admire your civic pride (as misguided as it may be).[:P]

-Jim

I do not live in the city, I chose not to live in a city, my civic pride is not misguided, think what you want, that's your right,smarter people than me have also called New York City the greatest city in the world, I just happen to live in the greatest state in the country, and that's just my opinion.

Thanks man, I got my stickers today- they're BIG and BOLD and will be hilarious on my LSIs (don't worry, I'm going to put them in those page saver sleeves and tape them on).

Reminds me of an old sign I had on my FX road case.

DANGER 10,000 OHMS!

-Jim

I do not live in the city, I chose not to live in a city, my civic pride is not misguided, think what you want, that's your right,smarter people than me have also called New York City the greatest city in the world, I just happen to live in the greatest state in the country, and that's just my opinion.

Buckster - you realize of course, that this all just good natured teasing. Kind of a Second City thing.

- Jim