I Got Two Turntables and

scott0527

Scott-- Can you give details on your 124 rebuild? Did you do the motor yourself? How bad was it originally?

Fini,

It was in reasonable shape cosmetically. Just need a nice detailed cleaning with the toothpick detail etc. Mechanically, I think it was just really used a lot. The motor made a lot of noise even with the platter removed an not idler being pushed. The motor is pretty easy to remove and comes apart with 4 screws. The bearings for the motor spindle are held in place by some riveted cover plates so those had to be drilled out to clean and replace the bottom thrust plate.

I should have taken pictures. Would have been more interesting and easier to explain all that I did. You really don't need any electrical knowledge or skill. Just a lot of mechanical assembly skills.

Replaced the main spindle bearing thrust plate and ball with the kit from Schoppner. Replaced the thrust plate that the idler wheel rides on. Replaced the rubber motor mount grommets. Replaced the belt drive. That's about it. Didn't spend a lot of money. Just a lot of time disassembling and cleaning about everything that moved.