How To Survive A Klipsch 5.1 Epidemic

skaplaya

The first rule to survive a k51ep...

Have a lot of money (or scrounge and scrounge every bit you can...thats right pick up them dirty pennies)

The second rule to survive a k51ep...

If you aren't die hard about ht sound only, get a decoder card and a real ht (receiver etc.)

The third rule to survive a k51ep...

If you want games and dvd hardcore...you need start macgyverin...bust out that wad for an ads-2000 or a yamaha tss-1 or a jazz dd-006 type receiver with dts and/or dobly digital but one with computer hookups.

The fourth rule to survive a k51ep...

Work and tweak the speaker ops on the cpu decoder to get made not downed 4 speak or macgyver with two radio shack splits and two radio shack extenders to hook the analog cons out of your card (front and rear) and the analog digital downconverted outputs from your decoder, to your sats and once, thus, 5.1 and 4.1.

The fifth rule and final rule..if you just want to spend dough or are set on klipsch not the digitheare dts like me then get a pair of 2.1's for the center channel.

The sixth rule and bonus rule for added fun..if you want, to get all lfe, go and get a powered sub of your choice, about 120 watter 6 inch min to kind of keep up with the klipsches but get mass low freq.

My current setup:

Hollywood+ mpeg-2 decoder

Real magic hw+ remote control

pioneer 16x slot dvd drive

philips acoustic edge s-card

midiland ads-2000 decoder w/ remote

klipsch 2.1 promedia speaker set

furniture works rb-1 speaker stands

Soon Finishing Pieces:

awaiting 4.1 promedia to complete

awaiting modified refyoke sony g400 19" mon

I hope this helps all.

Note: This cost big bucks my whole set is costing over a grand w/monitor and all.

For the center channel debate team, i've tested and as for games, essentially bunked worth nada in most exceptions (except some dd 5.1 games) but for dvd's there is a big difference with a "TRUE HARDWARE DECODER".

None the less if your like me...it'll bring you joy but wave goodbye to your wallet..your girlfriend..or your wife...