iFi vs. JBL Creature II

to be honest when I looked at the creature speakers I thought that each individual speaker was a tweeter and went, "where's the midbass speaker?"

Exactly. The same with the small speaker array in the FX6021 also. (many others) Some manufacturer's think they are really hip using very small speakers for frequency ranges they weren't designed for. The iPod craze has really generated a lot of crap speaker systems in my humble opinion.

The iPod craze helped any company who made some form of "i" this and "i" that garbage filler product and paid some murky award winning reviewer write a positive review.

The only product that is worthy is the Klipsch iFi,all the rest are jokes to a greater or lesser degree. Even B0$e made a super duper dock for the iPod,another grosly overpriced device.

okay, so to one of my original questions...(is the iFi discontinued.) well, it was (I talked to Klipsch Tech support) because of slow sales.

the guy i talked to said it didn't sell well because most people don't want such a big ipod speaker system, not knowing that it is also a computer system. i am guessing the relitively high price also had to do with it.

the bose sound dock is actually 299 and it sounds pretty weak.

okay, so to one of my original questions...(is the iFi discontinued.) well, it was (I talked to Klipsch Tech support) because of slow sales.

the guy i talked to said it didn't sell well because most people don't want such a big ipod speaker system, not knowing that it is also a computer system. i am guessing the relitively high price also had to do with it.

the bose sound dock is actually 299 and it sounds pretty weak.

Well if it is due to slow sales, then its because of pig-headed marketing types at Klipsch that refused to acknowledge that the Klipsch iFi could be used as a superb computer speaker system (note no 1/8 mini-stereo cable included)! I remember a lot of early questions about this and going into Apple stores and getting ignorant looks from sales staff about using the Klipsch iFi with a computer! Most iPod owners tend to look at small (very portable) speaker systems which the Klipsch iFi was huge compared to. So IMHO Klipsch may have constrained their market appeal by over doing the "made for iPod" appeal of this product. Darn shame as this is one of the best "designed" personal speaker products in a the last few years!