Peeking in to say HI Can I play?

Belleman

Hola soundbound;

Heeeyyyy another Arizonan. What part of the state are you in? Yup, those are musical instruments but not mine. They are the fellows whom used to own the speakers where the pics were taken. But, having said that, I also have musical instruments and have been playing the guitar since I was a teen. But I am no pro like the fellow who's instruments you see in the pic. He's a super nice guy and I hope he becomes a good friend over time.

Purchased from the original owner, well...damn near. His Grandson anyway. But how often when you get vintage speakers does the guy whip out the original sales manual and letter with them huh, huh, huh? Pure icing on the cake. I'm DYING to tear into these but my wife has me repainting the room they are going in first. Well at least I finally get my dedicated listening room and the Belles will sit nicely in two corners. CAN'T WAIT!!!

post-22664-13819301824278_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

My wife also is NOT happy about the large monster type of speaker as our home is smaller. She doesn't understand the requirements and the need. But I will have her understanding when I get these puppies tuned up and some of her favorite vinyl playing through the tube mono blocks. Oh yeah, she will understand real quick...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and great info!!!! I'm gonna have me some fun, fun, fun in this forum I can tell !

I apologize for not welcoming you and your wife sooner.

This forum is great, lots and lots of nice people here.

Just keep reading and posting. There are some great folks on this forum with a lot of knowledge.

Be sure to keep you wife updated on what's happening with the members on the Forum from time to time. Talk to her about the folks on here, even when isn't interested in listening. Get her to read some of the posts from time to time.

Be sure to tell her, these speakers are beautiful pieces of furniture. They should be treated with as much respect as any other piece of furniture in the house (actually more than any other piece of furniture) The enjoyment they will bring you and your family will last for many years to come.

We have two pairs of Forte II's, one pair of Forte's, DIY sub woofer and two brand new Cornwall III's on the way courtesy of Klipsch. (My husband won the Cornwall III's during the recent Pilgramage to Hope.) That's nine speakers in our living room and I for one couldn't be happier with "the monsters".[H]

Klipsch is a great company, that produces great speakers and you have invested your company's time wisely.

Christy

Thanks Christy;

So far I'm really enjoying this forum. Folks have been kind and helpful and Bob Crites is a blessing. He got my replacement tweeter diaphragm to me in a snap and every time I bug him via the e mail with some stupid question he doesn't act bothered at all and answers quickly. Bob sure gets my vote! I was a long time (sort of a founding) member of the brand X audio forum across the road but got tired of the heavy handed mannerism of one of the administrators and the BS of another. I'm hoping this forum will prove to have more of a professional level to it and its members. So far it's great!

My wife understands my hobby and is thankful it keeps me outta trouble LOL She knows I have been wanting horn loaded speakers for a long time now and she appreciates how beautiful and pristine these are. I know once I get the replacement caps in the networks and finally move the tube gear into the same room and get these puppies rolling she will have a lot of fun with it too. We are doing a Hard Rock Cafe theme in this room thanks to these speakers. I'll be hanging my collection of guitars around and she is going to do some artistic era wall treatments etc Should be a whole lotta fun!

[<:o)]

Purchased from the original owner, well...damn near. His Grandson anyway. But how often when you get vintage speakers does the guy whip out the original sales manual and letter with them huh, huh, huh? Pure icing on the cake. I'm DYING to tear into these but my wife has me repainting the room they are going in first. Well at least I finally get my dedicated listening room and the Belles will sit nicely in two corners. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well I can't speak for the others but I have that same manual and an original receipt that the original owner of my LSBR's gave me when I bought his babies. It does make a nice companion piece for framing. One day I'm going to get some of my Klipsch literature framed up for display in the big room. That'll be cool!

M

Well the room is all painted and the Belles are in the corner. I took my all in one video and audio rack and jerked all the video out moving the rack to the room and giving the two channel the space it needs. The appearance of the rack doesn't work for the new room so I'll likely butcher it for the 1 inch rod and hardware to build a lower level system in appropriate color. We are doing a Hard Rock Café theme in the room, should be fun, fun, fun!!

post-22664-13819302048872_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks Christy;

So far I'm really enjoying this forum. Folks have been kind and helpful and Bob Crites is a blessing. He got my replacement tweeter diaphragm to me in a snap and every time I bug him via the e mail with some stupid question he doesn't act bothered at all and answers quickly. Bob sure gets my vote! I was a long time (sort of a founding) member of the brand X audio forum across the road but got tired of the heavy handed mannerism of one of the administrators and the BS of another. I'm hoping this forum will prove to have more of a professional level to it and its members. So far it's great!

My wife understands my hobby and is thankful it keeps me outta trouble LOL She knows I have been wanting horn loaded speakers for a long time now and she appreciates how beautiful and pristine these are. I know once I get the replacement caps in the networks and finally move the tube gear into the same room and get these puppies rolling she will have a lot of fun with it too. We are doing a Hard Rock Cafe theme in this room thanks to these speakers. I'll be hanging my collection of guitars around and she is going to do some artistic era wall treatments etc Should be a whole lotta fun!

[<:o)]

IMO, this is one of the best group of people you will find.

Our administrator, Amy, can be "heavy-handed" if it is required. IMO, her "heavy handedness" is only exercised when someone clearly crosses "the lines".

I became a member of the forum after many discussions with my husband regarding posts of other members. I am sure you can tell most people here are very friendly. Speaking for myself, it is sometimes difficult to tell if a post is actually "mean" or just joking. Most often it is in "jest".

I was so impressed when I met most of these folks at the Pilgramage in Hope last month. I always knew the people on this forum were "for real", but I didn't realize how "for real" they were. I don't know if this makes sense to you or not.

Most forums don't have a way for the members to actually have "get togethers". Klipsch has made it a priority to allow us every opportunity to get to know each other.

We share births, deaths, sickness, graduation, grandchildren and other topics, which gives us a sense of family. I was talking to another member at the Pilgramage and he was relating a story about his best friend's death and a post by another member when his wife died. The member told me, "I was so pained by _____'s loss because I had just experienced the death of my best friend".

Most of us have never met, although we share a common bond. Music, movies, etc. and everything Klipsch. We arrived in Hope on Wednesday, there were about eight of us in town that first day. We all met for dinner. I couldn't believe the "mix" of people sitting at the table. We had financial consultants, landscapers, students and other professions all at one table. We talked "electronics", but we also spoke of things personal to each of us. Coytee's home in TN, landscaping, rocks, school, kids, etc. Heck, I now know why Coytee sleeps with his ink pen.[;)]

I went to Hope knowing this was a nice group of people, I left Hope with sadness knowing it would be a while before we saw all of our new found friends again.

Your room is going to be awesome. The Belle's are beautiful and I sure hope your wife is proud of them. If she understood "the heritage" of your speakers she would be a fanatic like the rest of us. Best of luck.

P.S. Do you know that all hard rock cafe's have Klipsch speakers? I didn't until about two months ago.