USB Klipch?

rol1

I believe an alternative to the mini-plug is a MUST! Let it be USB or digital out, it doesn't matter.

The ProMedias are too good to be brought down by the less-than-acceptable performance of the mini-plugs.

My Pros performs beautifully most of the time. But when the mini-plugs get touched or turned just slightly, the sound from that perticular speaker would die down.

I just think that the pros are SO close to perfection. So close, it's these minor things that is holding the pros back. It's just a shame when you spend so much effert to product such a fine product, but was brought down quality-wise by some 2-cent parts.

well, the pros are not close to perfection, unless you factor in the price of course.

yes, the miniplugs must go.

but that's up to sound card manufacturers...

and since existing speakers have miniplugs, and people are satisfied with them, i don't think they really have an incentive.

besides, i don't actually know whether there would be a big difference with RCA plugs.

Going from analog to a digital input improves everything.

Analog has to deal with many various input voltages. Run your Pros off of different sources, such as a walkman, a boombox, a soundcard, and a home stereo preamp. Each will give you a different maximum volume and sound qualities.Pros being underdriven(weak bass, unimpressive performance, etc.)or driven to clipping levels(cutting out at high volumes)

I had a set of ADA106 that had both AC3 thru the s/pdif and an analog minijack w/prologic decoder builtin. When I upgraded to the Aureal SQ2500 with the s/pdif the improvement was unbelievable, no static, no pops&clicks. Before, I would run at level 8 volume, & sub at high levels, after going digital I ran vol at 3, and bass has been the best I've had yet.

Now I want that kind of improvement from Klipch.

I don't believe that a separate analog bass input is going make any difference.

The Pros would benefit more from signal matching than a sub input & 4ch mixdown.