LaScalas in Lansing MI

sunprairie

I don't suppose any of you "very nice" members would be interested in splitting these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-PAIR-KLIPSCH-LA-SCALA-BIRCH-WITH-WALNUT-FINISH_W0QQitemZ220002292160QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would need someone to pick them up and then arrange to have one shipped to me in North Dakota. I would of course pay for the speaker, shipping and something for your time and trouble. I really need a LaScala @ center between my 89's. I'm running a Heresy II and it just can't keep up.

Worth a try, or if anyone out there has one for sale that would be great also.

w/s on the label- does this mean Walnut Stain from the FACTORY? It looks like a very nice finishing job. Personally a bit on the spendy side for LSBR's imho though, though if you really really wanted one for a center it might be okay.

Yes Michael Klipsch did produce lacquered walnut stained birch La Scala's. When I was in the Navy stationed in Japan one of my best buddies bought a set exactly like that from the exchange. Another 2 sets were sold to some other friends of mine back then. Most of those sales came from me demoing my system for them. All together my 2 channel system I had back then, sold or at least influenced the sale of 3 sets of La Scala's, 2 sets of Heresy/Heresy II's and a set of Cornwalls<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />