Just got the KG5.5s hooked up

After a daylong event of beer drinking and blowing stuff up, got back into town to meet the gentleman I bought these from. I thought I was going to be in for a six and a half hour round trip to get these. But low and behold his parents live half an hour away. And it gets better, he pilgramages through flea markets and ebays his finds. So this morning he called when he was done at the flea market 2 miles from my house. Basically he nearly dropped them off at the front door.

The anticipation got the best of me, drug them down stairs, cleared out some stuff and hooked them up. I was a little apprehensive at first, after the first few notes from my first selection, that feeling was gone. They are remarkable speakers, the bass is strong, the highs are just sweet. I'm unsure of the crossover point on these, but I seem to like the sound from the woofers, into the midrange.

The cabinets do have a few scratches, but nothing has dug into the wood. A little touching up and they be almost as good as new.

Best $107.50 I've ever spent.

pictures to follow

That's a real deal you got there.

I've had 3 sets of KG line speakers and love them all. Gave one

set to a neice anothers going to a nephew and I'm keeping one set for

myself.

In case you've never dialed in speakers before, with these I would

start them off about 7ft from center and about 18" off the wall.

Move them in and out, back and forth from there. The 5'5's have some

serious bass so depending on our music tastes, moving them in an out

will have in impact on overall tone.

Also depending on what surface you have the KG's usually have removable plastic feet revealing spikes underneath.

Congratulations.

Congrats on the 5.5's...You got a screamin' deal. There's another pair on E-bay right now w/an opening bid of $150, and no one has shown any interest.

If you have these on carpet, I recommend using the spikes as well. I could hear a difference in the bass response. Enjoy!

Dale