Munich

oldbuckster

I watched it along time ago and thought that it was trivial. On one side yes the Olympic athletes were killed on the other who really was the barbarian. A good movie to watch after munich is "Paradise Now" a movie about the makings of a suicide bomber and what breaks his spirits to want to go and kill people. There is no mention of the 40 virgin blah blah blah it gives indepth reason as to what makes him want to do a horrible act, even at sometimes not wanting the mission to go through as planned.

Munich was ok but I think they did not give a quite fair representation of both sides. Its somewhere lost in the plot, my fondest memories of the movie was the time they always ate, as they seem to eat more than do other things.

I had seen "Sword of Gideon" a few years back starring Steven Bauer which is the same story--Munich follows the same plot points, and I'm amazed Sword is never mentioned, because Spielberg was actually doing a remake of it--

But, its not as good a movie as Munich--Munich has better acting, production design, and storytelling. I liked it because it improved on Sword, and its a story that needs to be told--Its interesting to know Golda Meir endorsed the assassinations-- and Munich alludes more to the current terrorist situation in the Middle East--

I like the Heaven movie, too. Its very raw and seems truthful and sad--that their lives, their culture and leadership direct them to kill themselves and others.

Both movies give us comfortable and safe Yankees a glimpse how and why these terrorists commit such nonsensical acts--