in-wall speakers

lovemyhorns

Hi Jeff,

You may get a few biased answers around these parts but I'd say the in-walls range from pretty decent (the entry level stuff) to darned good (Reference...R5800, etc) to "Oh MY GOD!" (the new THX Ultra 2 inwalls). Compared to JBL, the Klipsch inwall line up is far deeper and more varied. It is also exceptionally well suited for home theater since they are, to my knowledge, the only company making several models of side surrounds horns (R5650S and the new THX Ultra 2 sides).

I've put together a bunch of systems based around the R5800's with R5650S and R5600 rears with the Earthquake Thor in-walls. For the price, that system is darned hard to touch as an in-wall home theater setup.

Soundbroker - this weekend I'm going to install either RS-35s or R-5800s as rear surrounds. Running RF-35s and RC-35 up front, Denon 1804 @ 90 watts/channel.

The RS-35s are rated for significantly more continuous power than the R-5800s. Problem is aesthetics for wife, she wants in-walls, has no clue Re: audio characterists of either speaker.

In your experience do the R-5800s with the 8 inch driver and large horn do as well or better than the RS-35s with the smaller driver and dual horns?