Best buy advice

MyGoesTo11

no clue, never heard them side by side in the same room.

But from what I've heard of the two, the Sub-12 should sound more on the dry side, lacking that characteristic punch of the reference subwoofers. I've always considered the sub-12 to be better bang for the buck, but if you can get a good deal on the RW-12 then I would definetly go that route.

I called Klipsch about the volume controll pot,and its a $5 part.I was told the sub can be ran without the volume controll(disconnected)since its only used to turn down the sub,and just controll it through the receiver.I ordered the part and should be here along with the sub monday,I'll let you know how it works out.

I work at BBY in Indy and the Sub-12 is quite possibly the best Sub we have every carried between JBL, Klipsch, Sony, Blo$e, or Cerwin-Vega. Great great quality, we have it matched with an SLX system mounted as soon as you come into the HT dept. Gain turned up a 1/4 and it fills up most of the store almost. Great buy if you ask me.

The sub arrived on hour ago,and it works perfectly (volume pot disconnected) at full volume,no scrathes or dings,even smells good(must have not been a smoker.While listening to the radio its hitting very low and hard with hardley any volume,and the only thing thats acceptable is rap/house music in that category, everything else sounds way too bassy.Right now my Rsx's are turned all the way up +12db,and the sub at -12db on the receiver,still too much but not muddy (maby alittle) Im getting the volume controll hopefully tomorrow and its going down more then half.I am very happy with this purchase,and am obout to watch Fantastic four(only movie I have right now)future movies will be Top Gun,Matrix123 ect...getting the online blockbuster pass.The movie just started and in a 12'/10' room it sounds siiiiiccckkkk.

The problem is that the ground on the cable line is "dirty" and once connected to another device in your system that connects to the ground you end up with current flowing through everyone's ground - thus causing that 60Hz hum. The problem can be remedied by using an isolation transformer on the cable line. You might also try a 25 cent cheater plug on the subwoofer, but that probably won't alleviate the issue.

The cheater plug meaning an isolator between the sub and my spdif cable?Ill try the qwest box iso first and see what happens.Is it better to put a iso on the tv out or network in Ill try them seperate and see tomorrow.This sub is ratteling things that I didint know I had.

The cheater plug meaning an isolator between the sub and my spdif cable?Ill try the qwest box iso first and see what happens.Is it better to put a iso on the tv out or network in Ill try them seperate and see tomorrow.This sub is ratteling things that I didint know I had.

balls? sorry I had to [:$]

the cheater plug is that plug that accepts three prong and then has just two prongs on the other side. What it does is not allow the ground to touch the dirty ground. But again it is not grounded so it might be somewhat dangerous.

balls? sorry I had to [:$]

Thats ok I would have taken a shot too.Since I got the sub I already want to upgrade my center and L/R speakers from the Rsx's to pickup some mids,maby use them in a 7.1 becouse they are very crisp speakers.This whole audio,home theater is just like owning a Jeep,you break something and endup replacing the part with something bigger,better,stronger(more expensive)