UPGRADES TO KLF 20,S

You can re-wire the interior with Monster Cable (or any other one you wish) and Klipsch also has titanium diaphrams for the mid and tweet. When I rewired mine I also soldered all the wire connection at the drivers instead of using the spade connectors.

An improved crossover could be built but I don't think the major builders here have a plan drawn up for one. Big reason is is that they don't have a 20 to work with.

Just one. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to mix brands like that. Don't get me wrong, you'll get music out of the system. But I think there's going to be a difference in voicing. Meaning that different amps have a different "signature" sound. If the Carvers have a mono switch (or you could use a Y-adaptor) and use one amp per speaker. Say, the left channel for the bass and the right one for the mids and tweets. The voicing stays the same and now it's bi-amped.

Before I dumped my Rotel (RB-1080) amp for a McIntosh (MC-252) I didn't think there would be much difference in sound.......but OMG....there was.

My livingroom (where the system is) had extensive testing done to it to get the sound right (read: re-arranging furniture). There were still voids and standing waves all over the room except for a couple places. Unfortunatley, one of them was where my chair was but I couldn't move it per what the girlfriend, the house owner, wanted. Enter the McIntosh--- The room totally changed it's character in sound reflections and absorbtions. Most of the voids and standing waves were gone.

Now don't get me wrong, a different and/or more expensive amp could wind up sounding better or worse in that same room. I just got lucky in finding the right one.