New RT-12d sub on order

Tom Adams

No......I don't have one on order (dammit), but was curious if anyone here has plunked down money for one.

BTW - can someone from Klipsch feed us some trivia about what or how on the designation for the new subs? I mean, I'm sure the "12" stands for the driver size, but what in the sam hills does "RT" stand for?

Tom

Nope ! ....but it makes me drool just thinking about owning such a sub. Someone around here needs to get one and let the rest of us know how it really works.

The RSW 15 would probably be nice with my Rf7's but the new gizmo on th RT 12 that refines the sound seems like a fantastic thing to have on a sub. In a way it makes me think of the DD series Velodyne.

Hope things turn out alright with the misses - definetly doesn't sound like fun.

Getting back to the RT-12d...I am kinda curious as to the logic behind the dsp considering that most room issues can't be fixed with straight up EQ. All I know is the klipsch engineers are extremely proud of the design and I believe got a few patents in the process?

• 4 weeks later...

Hope things turn out alright with the misses - definetly doesn't sound like fun.

Getting back to the RT-12d...I am kinda curious as to the logic behind the dsp considering that most room issues can't be fixed with straight up EQ. All I know is the klipsch engineers are extremely proud of the design and I believe got a few patents in the process?

While I know full well that my room issues will not be fixed with dsp, I also know that my wife has a large amount of control over any changes in placement, not to mention 'room-treatments' that could also be used to address those room issues...

With that in mind I'd very much like to Thank each and everyone involved in the design, engineering, construction, marketing and distribution of the new RT-12d with the purchase of one... I just need to come up with the cash