RS Audio Solid Silver Interconnects

marems

I hadn't realized Radio Shack was selling silver interconnects. Are the Pure/AV the ones to which you refer? Looks like the price is decent.

I'm not a real fan of silver cables, though I have not heard these.

My experience with other silver cables was that the HF was impressive at the cost of LF. I used them for a while, then went back. Just my opinion, but I think the same money would be better spent on some CDs you've been wanting.

I have not tried the RS ones, but I do have some silver cables. S-video, speaker lines, composit, componet, etc.

Would reccomend a careful review of your long range plan when it comes to cables. Nice silver RCA cables may not be needed on your next peice of equipment as most have optical, etc.

Most of the silver cables I have i bought cheap on clearance or dirt cheap on ebay.

Thats right, they are not Radio Shack cables, The name RS is for Richard Sachek, Who desighned the cables. Check out www.rscables.com for the whole deal. Sounds very interesting, They state that they are far better than the other silver cables out there. And they even give you a 15 day in home trial. I might give them a try.

I hadn't realized Radio Shack was selling silver interconnects. Are the Pure/AV the ones to which you refer? Looks like the price is decent.

I'm not a real fan of silver cables, though I have not heard these.

My experience with other silver cables was that the HF was impressive at the cost of LF. I used them for a while, then went back. Just my opinion, but I think the same money would be better spent on some CDs you've been wanting.

Daddy Dee,

Which silver interconnects have you tried? I'm always a little more than curious when I read comments like yours. Silver is the best conductor. Quality and contruction are important factors, so please enlighten me?

Klipsch out.

Jazman,

The silver IC's I used were made by Grover Huffman, who is a super nice guy. At the time I was using a Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp and Wright 2A3's.

I used them had two pair and used them between the CD and Preamp as well as between the Preamp and Poweramps.

The link between the Preamp and Poweramp was the place I could hear the difference. To my ears, I don't think I heard anything to speak of when the silvers were inbetween the source and the preamp. Between the preamp and poweramp was where the difference was noticeable. The HF had a pleasantly increased, not brittle, increase in detail. The LF was rolled off. Don't know quite what to make of it.

Marems,

Oh, the other RS. [:$]