HIP-2. Any good for a Center Channel???

eq_shadimar

I have the chance to pick up a HIP-2 in "ok" condition (all drivers work) for a very decent price. It looks like a ported Heresy. I am not familer with this speaker and I am wondering if it would make a better match as a center speaker for my Cornwall mains and Heresy surrounds than my RC-3.

Is anyone familer with this speaker and what are your thoughts.

Thanks,

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

I recieved this speaker today. In a word awesome!!! Much much better than the RC3. I mean wow!!! I didn't think it would make that much difference. The outside needs some tlc but the drivers are pure magic baby. Much cheaper than a C7 or the rare academy. Such a bargin woohoo!!!! I will listen some more but I don't think I am going to change my mind.

So this brings up a point. I now have a RC3 available if anyone in the DFW area is interested let me know.

Also I would still love to know the specs on this speaker. It seems more efficent than the Cornwalls if that is possible. I have attached pictures taken at the previous owner's house for those of you who have never seen these before. I will try and post an updated HT pic this weekend.

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 11-21-2001 at 11:59 PM