Help with fledgling system suggestions

ttubbiola

I'm just starting to upgrade my system after years of no change. I got a set of RB-5s last week and now will be buying a new changer, receiver (to replace my STR-AV1000) and DVD player.

I'll be going with a Sony 400 disc Jukebox changer, I just have to choose which one. The reason for Sony is the Mac/PC control software available MAC www.titletrack.com and PC www.nirvis.com . Are the Sony ES changers worth the extra $300 specifically the CX450 vs M555ES?

As for the receiver, I'm leaning towards the Denon model 1802 ($500 w/no shipping or sales tax this week at www.goodguys.com ). If the sony control software also controls a receiver, then I might go with Sony for that as well.

DVD player will probably be the Sony NS700P.

If anyone has any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc. on my plan I would love to hear them.

Thanks for your input,

Tom

This message has been edited by ttubbiola on 11-13-2001 at 03:48 AM

Neat stuff ... as I stated elseware I use the Sony CDX-400 as the 450 is just the 400 with a fancy remote that I feel I don't need with the jukebox controler/software. I use the Nirvis IBM compatable software for my changers alone - control everything else with universal (Pronto) remote. The digital output of the Sonys is fine (especially w/ itter reduction) ... the analog output is inferior, however.

This message has been edited by soundog on 11-13-2001 at 06:46 AM