klipsch questions

ttrhp

Hi Gang,

as you can see that I a fairly new to klipsch and hopefully this is not a stupid question.I am planning to have a cabinet maker build an exact copy of the LS cabinet in a nicer wood.eventhough all the drivers and x-over are still original klipsch..would this still consisder a klipsch or klipsch clone? and does it do anything to the value?..is it better to fix/venneer the original cabinet or build a complete different one..thanks

tom

IMO. if it is for your personal enjoyment, the new cabinet using exotic woods a good approach to deal with a set of beater cabs.

Selling these off later becomes more challenging, most folks prefer buying beater cabs with a klipsch labels.

Tom if you are going to be the one looking at them and listening to them, then it really does not matter what anyone else thinks. If you like them that's all that matters. I like my khorns the way they are, pretty much original except the xovers. Now if I had a second pair I would for sure have a custom wood job done to them. Just my opinion.

Jay

Tom if you are going to be the one looking at them and listening to them, then it really does not matter what anyone else thinks. If you like them that's all that matters. I like my khorns the way they are, pretty much original except the xovers. Now if I had a second pair I would for sure have a custom wood job done to them. Just my opinion.

Jay

JAY pretty much sums it up...........If your doing it for YOURSELF, do it..........If your doing it to make money later..........Don't It's like Cars, if your in it to make money......Buy stocks instead................If your in it because you love cars, Go for it..........Find the Thread on exotic speaker wood........check them bad boys out.......it will help confuse you....Must see Budman's speakers............Rosewood.......damn it, I drooled again