Help!!!! I am going to build a

Mongster1981

true rc-7 out of a rf-7 i am going to put the ports on the front. it will be laying on its side. the configuration is going to be port woofer horn woofer port on the front , or should i put the ports on the back like a rc-7 . the cabnet will be the same size as a rf-7 all parts will be from a rf-7 but it will be my center just like the rc-7. please give me some tips thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can't help with speakers, but sure would like to know how that Marantz with 140 watts per is working out for you. Just trying to gather some facts for future purchases...........that Marantz is very interesting to me...............Happy with it??????

I'm a Heritage Line guy, and I really know nothing about the speakers your using, that's why I offer nothing to your question........sorry.........

There are several instances where a Forum member has created a center

channel somewhat like you describe. One guy did it with a KLF20 I

think, and there are two horns in his particular design.

The placement of the two woofers and the port are somewhat critical. You might ping DrWho for advice on comb filtering effects.

Also, the RC7 has what is called a tapered array crossover. Which is to

say that one woofer responds all the way up to the horn crossover

frequency, while the other just handles low bass. In a horizontal

speaker, if the viewer if slightly off center, the sounds from the two

woofers will arrive at different times. The tapered array clears up the

timing difference in the critical dialog bandwidth.

there is one on ebay right know for 199 i love it it sounds amazing

I looked everywhere on Ebay and i can't find it. Are you sure you saw it on Ebay? Did it have pics with it? There is a Rc-3 for 199.00 but i didn't see an Rc-7. The only one i found is listed at 599.00. We are talking about the RC-7 and not the RF-7, right?

Mongster,

I have built a custom center using the KV 1089 woofers out of an RF7. However, I created a 3 way instead of a 2 way design like the RF7. My midrange horn came from a KLF 30 and the horn tweeter is a T35 (aka K77).

If your interested click on my home theater page and there you will find another link to my center construction page. If you have any Q's I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

scooter