Black Satin spruce up.

merkin

I have some forte II's that may have had a little of a rough life. I don't need to touch up much on the stain but the gloss is gone out of the finish. I have another pair of black satin's that I can compare them to and they are a lot more shiny. I was wondering if there is anything that some of you have used to restore the sheen. I've already tried things like pledge and such without much help. I was wondering if I need to use a polyureathane or something like that or I just need the right kind of oil rub or such.

Thanks

you might want to try a wax/polish. Try not to add a poly or such as that is basically adding another coat and it will not likely be the same. I have used old english scratch remover. They sell just the oil which won't remove the scratches with the dye but it does leave a nice sheen. Also try wood worker supply as they have lots of waxes or you can experiment with the local auto store [:P] seriously.....

Not to be too low tech, but I have used black shoe dye and/or black shoe polish with some success to touch up some Black Yamaha NS10's with good success. Might try it on a bottom panel first to test for results. If it doesn't work you could easily remove it with mineral spirits.