would replacing satellites of ifi with RSX-5 or RSX-4 help with the recessed treble?

tedzz

Hi,

For people who find IFI to be lacking in treble, would upgrating the satellites to RSX-4 or RSX-5 from Klipsch help with the sound quality?

Has anyone ever tried that out? Is the treble better?

Has the Class D amplifier in the Sub got enough power to drive these larger satellites?

If you have treid, please let me know whether it's a good idea or not.

thanks,

Ted

ps. Or is there another way to improve the treble without using EQ?

Hi,

For people who find IFI to be lacking in treble, would upgrating the satellites to RSX-4 or RSX-5 from Klipsch help with the sound quality?

it might

Has anyone ever tried that out? Is the treble better?

people have done so

Has the Class D amplifier in the Sub got enough power to drive these larger satellites?

yes

If you have treid, please let me know whether it's a good idea or not.

thanks,

Ted

ps. Or is there another way to improve the treble without using EQ?

Hi Jay,

which satellite (RSX-4 or RSX-5) would work better in your opinion?

would the sound from the satellites over power the sub?

do you think that it will really help with the treble and also add more detail? Will you loose the warm-sounding character?

please help me. if it's worth,then i'll get those satellites. or is there a better way?

thanks,

ted

the cost difference from the rsx4 to rsx 5 is very little so I say go with the 5's.

It should not really overpower them, if it does: corner load the sub or increase the sub output

the rsx are based off each other so no they will not lose the warm sounding characteristics

better way? I went from buying the klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra to the ifi and three months later i brought two rf-83 flagships [;)] that is the better way..... the ifi are off..... btw....

I've tried both in my system and the 5's are a little overkill IMO. The 4's are a step up and in the context of this system a nice fit. To really move up from the iFi with a 4 or 5 you are talking about a much more expensive proposition involving an amp, sub and speakers - something approaching $1k in gear.

You may want to check www.audiogon.com from time to time. I got a pair of 5's for under $200 and 4's sell for the same or less when they come up.