Connecting a receiver to Audigy soundcard

Vatican3

I am contemplating on getting a home theatre system to replace my defunct 4.1 promedias. i was wondering on the proper way to connect the soundcard to the receiver.

ok, i know that you need 3 pairs of 3.5 mm stereo to RCA cable.

Line Out connected to ???

Rear Out connected to ???

and where does the center channel go???

can someone please fill me in on these. I might have missed some important things too.

you receiver if it is at all new... like the last few years, should have a digital input. use that from the AUdigy, that would be the best.

what audigy do you have?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I have the audigy platinum

after a bit of research, i'm leaning toward a paradigm cinema series set with the PR-8 as the sub.

What would be a good receiver to pair with this set that would also allow me to expand in the future? Something around $500 US but i think i could stretch the budget if need be. A local audio shop here in toronto is offering a bundle with cinema series, Yamaha RX-V420 receiver, and a Panasonic DVD player

All of those things will cost 1400 + tax (about

1000 US)

My other alternative was the videologic digitheatre DTS for around 1000 canadian + tax (about 740 US).

A long shot is maybe the Klipsch promedia 5.1, but those defective 4.1's really left a sour taste in my mouth so the 5.1's might be a last ditch option.

So justin_tx_16, what do you think??? Keep in mind that i'm planning to get my new system probably christmas or summer next year, depends on how i do in school cwm23.gif

well anyway thanks

well there are many great receivers out there. Denon and Onkyo seem to give you the most bang for your buck. Great news for you... your sound card has optical digital output,,, the Denon and Onkyo's for about $400 have ooptical digital input! that would be the most Kick Arse way to connect them.

the paradigm speakers absolutely rock. i almost consider them Klipsch's (htey look the same in some respects and the sounds are just amazing of the price) the only thing i like more about the paradigm beside the somewaht smaller price tag is that they tend to have just a tad more midrange. i would get one of their premade systems, they package all teh speakers for you so that you do not have to question balance and such, kinda like Klipsch's QUintet system and the Synergy 6.

here is some awesome info for you on another topic i helped in. these are two receivers that are great and give tons of bang for little buck.

this is the Onkyo

x580txds595-b.jpeg

this is the Denon

x033AVR1802-B_MT.jpeg

now here is a direct comparision of the two sets. looks like teh Denon wins.

Image1.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want <A HREF="maimailto:Promediatech@Klipsch.com">email Amy</A> or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 11-22-2001 at 01:41 PM

no these aren that great get the Outlaw Audio 1050 from outlawaudio.com, its a great reciever

here is a interactive picture of the back panel http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/1050gallery.html#

and here is the link for the product:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/1050.html

it is a great reciever that will outperform both the denon and the onkyo that justin chose to show you, and the great ting is that it is only 500 dolars, go look at the glowing review that Cnet.com gave it here: http://www.cnet.com/electronics/0-6342373-1304-6898269.html?tag=st.ce.6342373-1302.pdtl.6342373-1304-6898269

------------------

DONT PM ME! i dont check em if you have any questions

email me @: skpathak24@socal.rr.com

IM me @: Strategerie270

Screw you, Action! :)

Wow, look at all these options!!!

bvader, turns out that i don't have a visa card to pay for that outlaw receiver. only way to get that is if i ask my parents to use their card and pay em back, but i don't think they'll be too happy when they find out how much it costs. When they saw my 4.1 promedia's i told them it cost me 100 candian!!!!

well any way if i find a retailer that has these outlaw receiver then i'll test it out and see.

and if you connect the speakers using optical out, would eax 3d positioning still be implemented in games???

sorry guys but i'm kind of new with this home theatre business and am overwhelmed by all this information, but thanks anyway for all your help and support