eacmen

I started to experience problems when using the ipod with your iFi

system. When I first plug in the ipod I can hear mechanical noises

though the speakers. When I go to play a song it is unbelievably loud

even with the speakers set at their lowest volume level (loud enough

that I think it would damage the speakers if left playing). I set up a

computer through the aux connection on the subwoofer and I do not

experience this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

• 3 weeks later...

Your hearing you ipod HDD spooling, and that apple dosen't have a good filter for this. It's only noticable on some speakers, ironically your Ifi's are soo good that you car actually hear that noise, its probally around 20-22Khz. I would say your ipod is getting old, and use your computer instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my IFI speakers today. I bought refurbished ones online. I was so excited about them. However, when I played them, it started making weird noises at first and than one speaker was running at unbelievably loud sound. Remote was not working. It seemed that one speaker was not working either. I am planning to call tech support first thing in the morning, but as of now..feeling very dissapointed that I may have possibly made a wrong choice. My room mate kept smiling while playing his Bose sound dock with same ipod [:(]. Anybody has had any good/bad experiences with tech support?

yeah, same problem here... my feeling is that it's a malfunction with the volume control because when turn the wheel the speakers cut out, only play out one and really loud, play out of both really quietly, or both dangerously loud. I'm going to have someone open my controller up and check it out, I'll report here when I do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a set of ifis off ebay and it has this exact same problem. It's ashame Klipsch isn't addressing this obvious issue.

Naturally I don't have a warranty with my set but I would gladly purchase a new control station in order to get these puppies sounding good. But apparently this is not even an option. I see no way to buy the control unit separately. Klipsch sells the control pods for the Promedia models, why not for the iFi?

I don't even have an iPod, I'm just using these for computer speakers.

first why does everyone sound like a broken "single" record

Um, maybe because we all have the same problem. Did that even cross your mind?

secondthe control pod for the ifi is alot more simply the fact that it has a radio reciever on it.

What does that have to do with anything that was said by anybody? I said I'd love to have the option of buying a new control pod. I don't see that option even being available to me. If it is please point it out. No one is complaining about any cost. Not me.

• 4 weeks later...