GMX 5.1 Multiple Problems

Zeal

I have the digital GMX 5.1 speakers and sound seems to come out of two of the
speakers loudly, although the sound coming from the others is noticeably lower. What I mean is that sound is not evenly distributed between all speakers. Changing between 5ch stereo and PLII will slightly adjust the volume between speakers.

What I would like is sound to come out of all of my speakers equally.

The second problem is that I have only seen the DD5.1 light turn green on
the decoder once, and it was when it picked up a 5.1 signal using PowerDVD. I can't get it to pick up a DD from any other program. What's the problem, guys?

I have an Audigy 2 soundcard that's hooked up optically to
the Klipsch decoder.

Thanks much!

• Moderators

The DD 5.1 light will only turn on when the GMX decoder detects a DD 5.1 signal from your source. It picked it up from PowerDVD because that software is capable of putting out a DD 5.1 signal from a DVD.

Most music CDs are not recorded digitally, so you will not get surround sound from them. You can put the decoder in PLII and 5 CH stereo in an attempt to force the music from all 5 channels, but the sound is better in stereo (because that's how the music was recorded). The digital connections and surround sound features are more useful for DVD watching and game-playing.

• 3 months later...