Possible Cornwall? project

jk6827

Are you possibly selling 2 empty Cornwall boxes? If so, what are you asking.

I have the vertical motorboards on order for them, as well as blanks to make grilles. My thinking was that CW's are rarely separated, so splitting these for guys wanting center CW's might be a good idea.

I'll have about $220 in the pair with the retrofit parts to make them into verticals. As they are they've been used to front mount components in a CWII type configuration.

Michael

Hi,

I have a spare pair of K700 mid horns (metal) laying in my garage. They are absolute mint condition, and came with a pair of K55V drivers that I bought.

I can not find any use for them, so you can have them for the shipping charge I you like. I am living in Norway, so I would expect the shipping to be $20-30. Drop me an email if you are interested, and I will check on the shipping.

Erland

"I'll have about $220 in the pair with the retrofit parts to make them into verticals. As they are they've been used to front mount components in a CWII type configuration. "

Thats a pretty good price. Figure about 100 bucks shipping to NY and 50 - 75 bucks and 4 hours of your time to construct a good foam lined shipping crate.

"I'll have about $220 in the pair with the retrofit parts to make them into verticals. As they are they've been used to front mount components in a CWII type configuration. "

Thats a pretty good price. Figure about 100 bucks shipping to NY and 50 - 75 bucks and 4 hours of your time to construct a good foam lined shipping crate.

I'm thinking more like- come to my house, pick em up and hand me the dough. [:)]

For a single CW vertical cabinet- for center channel use in a Heritage system, one of these 'kits' with the cabinet, vertical motorboard and grille blank at $110, add to that all the components, and a guy can build up a custom vertical CW for around $350.

For those wanting to build these as TRUE CW's, I have a K55V/K600 set available, and for a CWII build-out, I have a K52/K601 (K57 set) and K79 available. And a B3 network.

I'm not making any money on the cabinet deal, just got two empty boxes from Jay at Klipsch and saw this as a way to help a couple guys timbre match their HT.

Michael

colterphoto1

"I'm thinking more like- come to my house, pick em up and hand me the dough."

I knew that was your style, thats why I brought it up, he is in NY state.

350 for one custom built cabinet with all the componets sounds right on the money. Parts cost could be higher or lower, depending on the source.

I some times get asked to build a set, and it boils down to a worhtwhile option for someone if there isn't a chance in h...ll that a local cornwall deal will pop up. It's pretty tought to build a set of cornwall clones for less than 700 bucks a pair. Your basiclly saving shipping if someone local can build you a set.

Just to note, these are not new custom cabinets, they are older models that have been modified to fit CWII components in horizontal mode. They are scratched and need some tlc or painting (black would be great for a HT center, no?

I'm not doing any cabinet restoration to keep price down and in case of shipping damage, should they be shipped.

Hope I'm doing the right thing here. Plunking money down to make no profit on a product someone may or may not want. But I've heard enough guys bemoan the lack of a good Heritage center that I thought I'd do my part and make a couple available.

Michael

"If you just want the two empty cabinets, it's $100, you pickup or provide packaging and shipping. "

Thats a great price. The wood alone to build a set is about 85 bucks.

but are we talking 2x 55/700 - enough mid for a pair of Heresies for $100, or one box worth for $100?

Yeah I've probably paid too much for stuff. I wanted extra CW parts, so have about $180 wrapped up in two nice K55v/K600 driver horn combos. Is that bad? I needed one to do my center channel box with. Had the K57, but it's not an exact timbre match, and none of mine are CWII's.

Damon bought the other half of the CWII parts, wonder if that's what he's putting in that box he had made?

M

colterphoto1

Lose k-600 horns (no drivers) are harder to find, I seen these on the forum for 50 bucks a pair or on ebay for as much as 100 bucks a pair.

I bought a set of atlas horns (no drivers) for 30 bucks that were identical, but that was a rare item. A forum member sold an atlas pair last month for 50 bucks.

2 k-55's klipsch labled, (silver disc w/serial number) with 2 k-700 horns on ebay, 100 to 150.

loose k-55's with klipsch lables (silver disc w/serial number) 85 to 125 a pair.

loose pair of k700 horns, frequently at 50 bucks, there is a set now for 90 that has no bids.

Non-klipsch labeled (do not have silver disc with serial number) pd5hv and speaker lab drivers as well as the same drivers used in healthkit and atlas sirens as cheap as 10 bucks each to 35 dollars each.

Diaphrams for pd5hv show up frequently for 10 bucks each, new, I bought 5 of them from one seller a few months ago.

JK6827:

I have built a few sets of Cornwall cabinets out of 3/4" MDO (a 7 layer plywood with a tough outer coating - the material used in highway signs); the whole project was done using a CNC machine so the cuts are very accurate, and the corners are cut with shapers to make a very tight fit. For myself, a set of Walnut veneered units; for Bob Crites (BEC) here on the forum, a set of raw CORNSCALA cabinets, and for Damon Payne, a single vertical Cornwall cab with Cherry veneer.

I have another cabinet underway, and the pieces to build more. I can do vertical OR horizontal motorboards, or whatever you might need custom, veneers, etc.. If you want to consider having some full cabinets built, I can do so and they will be reasonable, saving you a lot of time and efort. I know your money is tight, but if you want to consider them, let me know.

I am in Texas, I shipped Damon's to Wisconsin without problems, so shipping is not a big deal - not "inexpensive" - but not exorbitant, either. Hope to help you - OR, if ANYONE is interested, let me know.

Chris

PS - will be offering motorboards here within a week or two (cut vertical or horizontal, painted black lacquer, with drill locator holes on the reverse for the drivers) - as well as blank grilles. Stay tuned.

popbumper

JK6827 and I are cooking up a local deal. Mid point between us is 90 minutes.

I'm discussing with him clone cabinets usng 11 ply birch through out, completely assembled, drivers and crossovers sonically matched. Grill panels, with thick mess black cloth included.

Same apply's here, if anyone is local to NYC, and needs some clone's put together (cabs, drivers, sonic matching of all componets) shoot me a PM.