How to hook up your Sub if it has two input?

pwangdel

Greetings:

My RSW-12 sub has two sub-woofer input one in white color and the other one red.

I hook up my Denon AVR-4806 subwoofer output to my JBL HTPS-300 power sub input and from the HTPS output to the RSW-12 red input. Is this correct? Otherwise, which input should I use for optimum performance and bass?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest referring to the manual for the definative answer.

Many subs do not gain additional benefit from connecting both inputs if an LFE out is used. In this case you can connect one or both - but no added benefit is gained by attaching the second input with a Y feed.

Thanks for the inputs.

What do you think if I hook the Front Left pre-out channel to the RSW-12 two inputs?

It will work, but your sub will only be getting the bass that the front left channel speaker is supposed to play. It won't be getting a complete signal.

And you WILL have to set the receiver up as having NO SUB in order for your LFE channel to be re-routed properly to the pre-outs. The correct way to use the pre-outs, however, if you want to connect it this way, is to connect both R+L pre-outs to the sub's R+L inputs.

If you connect it this way, you also need to use the sub's crossover to dial it in correctly, as opposed to bypassing it with the "Low Pass Disable (LFE)" setting that your sub has.

Now, I have told you numerous times, on several forums, how to connect your RSW12 properly. What's the problem?